Wednesday, February 25, 2015


I got up at 4am this morning to hit 6 miles on the treadmill, thinking it was going to be my only run for the day. I actually felt good, despite the hour, and ran it at a decent pace in 42:42. Today ended up being gorgeous with "summer" temps in the mid-20s, so I opted to skip the eating part of my lunch break to take a 3-mile x-c ski on Mountain Division Trail instead of the usual 2. I completely miscalculated the time and barely made it back to the office on time. I walked in still wearing my backcountry ski boots and pouring in sweat, but clocked in right on the dot. The rest of the day DRAGGED at work. I was bored out of my mind so I had time to think about my evening plans. I knew I was headed up to SOLO after work for their monthly continuing education EMS lecture since I still needed 8 hours to complete the 48 hour requirement I have to have every 2 years. I realized that if I bolted out of work right on time, I could make it home, change and then run up to SOLO instead of driving there. It's only 3.6 miles, so I knew if I gave myself a half hour, I'd be good. So it all worked out. I walked out the door at 6:28pm and ran up there. Once I got there, I knew about 1/3 of the people. The rest were part of a Geomedic class going on, so they were out-of-towners. My friend, Tom, yells out, "Leslie ran here!" Thanks, Tom. As if it wasn't obvious enough that I was pouring in sweat (my theme for the day) and probably smelled. The lecture and hands-on were about placing airways which I had just done in my refresher, so I didn't really learn anything. Just practiced a few airway placements that I use on the ambulance and then spent the rest of the time telling this guy from Oregon where to run around here. After that, I put my gloves back on, said thanks to Dr. Hubble and ran back home. So I ended up running 3 times today plus the ski. 13.2 miles running for the day. And it's so late, that I'm just now at almost 11pm having dinner. Leftover chinese and the rest of a bottle of wine (which, sadly, only came out to a half glass). Super healthy. I'll be up in about 7.5 hours to run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment