Friday Night Vertical 2021

Friday Night Vertical 2021

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

South Conway

I got out for a run this morning in South Conway on some of the hilly dirt roads near Conway Lake. Most of it was solid with only a few places on Greeley Rd that were super muddy. The weather was perfect, too. I parked on Potter and ran up to Brownfield Rd and over to Gulf Rd which is a decent climb. From the top of Gulf, I started my loop back on Leavitt, passing the house with the absolute BEST view in the entire Valley. Not bad for a summer home. Ha ha. This picture doesn't even do it justice.
Best view in the Valley
Right at this point I got a text from work and had to stop for 5 minutes or so dealing with a ridiculous situation. I never stopped my GPS, and I walked a bit of this while I was on the phone, so my pace was thrown off for the whole run. It was kind of funny to see a 17 min mile in my splits on a huge downhill portion of the run. I finally continued on back to Potter Rd, completing the loop. About half a mile from my car, I ran into Paul Bazanchuk, whom I hadn't seen since the Fall. That was a nice surprise since I always enjoy running with Paul. He turned around to run with me back to my car so we could catch up. He had been injured all winter and had taken up RandonĂ©e Racing while he healed up. It sounded like he really enjoyed it, and it helped him stay fit while healing up. We got back to my car, and I bid farewell to Paul as he turned back around to finish his run. My run came out to 11.1 miles which was about a mile longer than I thought it would be, but that was fine with me. 
From there, I finally dropped my car off at the body shop to get fixed from the accident on the way home from the New Bedford Half Marathon. I ended up getting a rental that is almost identical to my car, which made me laugh. 

The rest of the day was spent with John. We went for free cone day at Ben&Jerry's and then to the playground. It was so nice to be out in the sun. Spring is really here...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment