Friday Night Vertical 2021

Friday Night Vertical 2021

Friday, February 27, 2015

Haley Town Road

I originally had plans to run Mt Kearsarge North with some other people, but after one of them backed out, I decided to run close to work after I was out at noon. I'm really short on time for a run Fridays since I get out of work at noon, and my son comes home at 2:30. Kearsarge would have been cutting it close.
I ended up on Haley Town Rd just over the Maine border from New Hampshire. I've driven past it a million times but never once have I been down it. I was kind of excited to do a "blind" run. I headed out from the Maine Visitors Center, and after a short stretch on the snowmobile trail, I stepped out on dry, paved road. Aaah. I decided not to pay attention to how fast I was going and to just run hard. I felt like I was putting in a decent effort but heavy and slow at the same time. I just knew I was going to be disappointed when I looked at my pace after I finished. The hills were moderate, but I thought for sure I was going to be around 7:45/mi pace. I kept it on for the whole run and completely surprised myself when I saw I had run a 6:43/mi average pace. Not bad. Slower than I ran Boston Prep, but I wasn't racing, so I really shouldn't compare. Now, I just need to get some distance back in there.
Tomorrow will be a super easy, short run, probably on the treadmill. My legs have been junk for a few days now, and since I refuse to take a zero, I'm just going to do something light. Shoe to the Clouds Race is on Sunday. Not sure I'm ready for the elevation gain, but I'll still put in my best effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment